ADMI’s interdisciplinary Mobile App & Game Development Diploma programme teaches students how to approach problems as a developer, designer, and entrepreneur.
EARN CREDENTIALS RECOGNIZED BY EMPLOYERS WORLDWIDE
ADMI students gain a competitive edge over their peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
• Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
• Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
• Rich Media Communications using Adobe Animate®
• Video Communications using Adobe Premiere®Pro
• Web Communications using Adobe Dreamweaver ®
ADMI instructors prepare students to successfully pass these exams through a curriculum that leverages Adobe Education learning resources, practice tests, and real-world applications.
To learn more about the certification exam visit:
Upon successful completion of the Mobile App & Game Development programme, graduates will be able to:
• Code as full-stack developers using various frameworks, APIs
and programming languages
• Use human-centered design principles to develop web, mobile
and game applications for the global market
• Prepare for rigorous tech interviews for leading companies
like Uber, Facebook, and Safaricom.
COURSE DURATION: 5 Terms
CREDITS: Average of 7 units per term with 24 contact hours each
Course In Depth
- Fundamentals of Computer Science (Java)
- Engineering Toolkit (python, GitHub)
- Intro to Android Apps (Java)
- Intro to iOS (Swift)
- Advanced Web Development (React.js)
- Fundamentals of Game Design
- Game Development (Unity C#)
- Fundamentals of Mobile Game Development
- Design Thinking
- Fundamentals of Design
- History of Design
- Human-Centered Design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Character & Environmental Design
- 3D Modelling (Maya)
- Game Design
- Lean Startup
- Digital Marketing
- Growth Hacking
- Agile Project Management
*Programme units are subject to change based on the availability of local and international faculty.
By the end of this programme, students will be able to approach problems from the perspective of a developer (hacker), designer (hipster), and entrepreneur (hustler). This unique perspective will enable them to design web and mobile solutions for the African market.
- Use computational thinking and apply algorithms to solve every day tech problems
- Design and create normalized MySQL databases
- Design and develop well-designed web, mobile and game applications for an African market
- Learn to navigate multiple rounds of rigorous tech interviews for leading companies like Google and Facebook
- Solve problem using design thinking and develop products using human-centered design principles
- Learn graphics and animation fundamentals, including Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and 3D Modelling
- Identify UI/UX issues and develop codified solutions to improve design
- Use lean startup methodology, digital marketing and growth hacking to launch and grow a tech startup.
How to apply
KCSE C- or above, with a C- or above in Kiswahili, English, Mathematics and at least one science subject OR A-levels with 2 principle passes.
Basic computer proficiency is required. Attach certificates to your application.
Each course has its own specific requirements. Please enquire from the administration what requirements apply to the course of your choice.
- Photocopy of your ID or Passport
- Application bank slip
Application fees instructions
In order to study at ADMI, students are required to ensure they have the correct legal documentation. For international students, this includes obtaining the relevant student visa. Below are the guidelines to the international student visa application process.
Guide to Applying for an International Student Pass
ADMI is proud to attract students from around the world. This guide is designed to help international students understand how to apply for an international student visa in Kenya. While we do not process or pay for international student visas, we hope the following information makes the student pass application process as smooth as possible.
Please note: ADMI is legally required to inform the Directorate of Immigration and Registration of Persons Office when a student discontinues his/her studies at ADMI, regardless of the reason. As a result, if a student is dropped from their programme due to poor academic performance, poor attendance or indiscipline, ADMI will immediately inform the Immigration Office.
Step 1: International students apply to ADMI
- International students can apply to one of ADMI’s programmes online: http://africadigitalmedia.org/application-form/.
- Prior to applying to ADMI, please familiarise yourself with our international fee policies: http://africadigitalmedia.org/fees/.
Step 2: ADMI sends supporting documents for visa application
- Successful applicants receive a letter of admission.
- They will also receive a letter of support or a cover letter, addressed to the Director of Immigration, indicating the name and duration of the course to be studied – both new and renewal applications.
- Both of these letters will support international students in applying for their international student visa.
Step 3: Apply online for an International Student Visa
- Register at https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/, then log in at https://fns.immigration.go.ke/ and complete the application form (titled Form 30).
- Please note: incomplete applications will not be processed.
Step 4: ADMI Head of Academics or Principal signs/stamps completed form
- Print and fill out all details on Form 30 (student pass application form) from the following website: http://www.immigration.go.ke/downloads/Form-30-Application%20for%20Student%20Pass.pdf.
- Your completed form should then be scanned and emailed to ADMI at firstname.lastname@example.org, to be signed and stamped by our Principal or Head of Academics.
Step 5: Prepare all documents and attachments
- Collate the form and all necessary supporting documents, including:
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- National passport copy of the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- Proof of funds for self-sponsored students – both new and renewal cases
- For minors, consent letter from the parent – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of parent’s national passport and copy of birth certificate of the minor should be attached as proof of relationship (for minors) – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of a valid national passport – both new and renewal cases (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student – both new and renewal cases (If already in the country)
- Two recent passport-size colour photos – both new and renewal cases
- Duly certified copies of basic academic certificates for those joining Tertiary Institutions and Universities – new cases only
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of the school’s/college registration certificate from the Ministry of Education – new cases only
- Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees – both new and renewal cases
- Certified copies of progress report/transcripts obtained (by the issuing institution) – renewal cases only
- Copy of student’s pass previously held – renewal cases only
Step 6: Submit application to immigration offices
- Submit the complete form to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Alien Section, Counter Number 9 (full address below).
- Please note: Immigration might take up to two months to process your student pass or international student visa. If more than two months lapse, please follow up with the immigration office.
Step 7: Processing
- Once your application has been received, you will receive a notification via email. The email will state whether your application was rejected or received. If it has been received, processing should start immediately. You will be told to wait again. This might take around three weeks.
Step 8: Payment
- Once your applications have been approved, you will receive another notification. You should now log in to your portal and make a payment via M-pesa (Pay-Bill number 206206) or bank cheque (payable to PS Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government).
Step 9: Provide proof of payment
- Print out the approval letter and attach receipt payment. Take it to:
The Director of Immigration Services
Department of Immigration Offices
Nyayo House 9th Floor,
Kenyatta Avenue/Uhuru Highway
P.O Box 30191,000100 Nairobi
Tel: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544, +254-20-2218833
- You will then be told to wait for the visa to be processed. This will take three weeks or so.
Step 10: Collection
- Once your Visa has been processed, you will receive a notification by email.
- Go back to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Department of Immigration offices Ground Floor Room 16 and collect your Visa. On the same day, you should register as an alien.
For more information, please visit https://fns.immigration.go.ke/infopack/passes/studentpass/.
Download Visa Requirements
A Diploma in Mobile App and Game Development prepares you for various roles and opportunities in the job market. There are numerous employment opportunities in different industries such as entertainment, health, fintech, education, logistics, legal, law enforcement that require the skills of a mobile app and game development practitioner.
As a developer, you will be required to use computational thinking and apply algorithms to solve everyday tech problems. You will write and clean up the code using various frameworks.
As a designer, you will be required to solve problems using design thinking and develop products using human-centered design principles.
As an entrepreneur, you will use the lean startup methodology, digital marketing, and growth hacking to launch and grow a tech startup.