The market is looking for game and software development skills. Stand out from the pack as an ADMI AppFactory Apprentice.
Every year thousands of students graduate from colleges and universities in Kenya, yet employees consistently say that there are not enough skilled developers for the software, games and mobile application market.
The ADMI AppFactory, powered by Microsoft SkillsLab Program, will help you stand out as a skilled developer with the ability to design web and mobile-based solutions for a global market.
At the AppFactory, you will be equipped with skills in game design and development, programming, cloud computing, and data analytics.
You will sharpen your skills by working on real-world projects while being mentored by industry professionals.
You will be taught how to start-up and monetize you own mobile game projects.
Apprentices will be eligible for Microsoft Cloud Certification upon successful completion of requirements.
COURSE DURATION: 6 Months
CREDITS: Microsoft Cloud Certification, Unity Certification
Game Design and Gamification
Advanced Java FX
Unity Game Engine
Advanced Android Mobile App Development
Lean Start Up
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- Build, test and debug basic software and game applications
- Apply software and or game design and development knowledge and skills in the real world
- Complete Microsoft Cloud Certification
At ADMI we believe in equipping you with industry-relevant skills right from the start. We understand that you might be required to work on different platforms so we have invested in the two most common platforms i.e Mac and Windows.
To guarantee quality we have invested in top of the range facilities including:
- Three computer labs with Macs and PCs
- 1:1 computer ratio
- Industry standard software like Adobe, Unity and many more
- Wacom tablets
All computers are installed with the necessary industry standard software and you will get certified by Adobe, Microsoft and Unity at the end of the course.
Due to the limited spaces, we encourage you to apply early as we can only guarantee a space for those that have fully enrolled.
As an ADMI AppFactory Apprentice, you will develop the skills to join established technology or gaming companies locally and abroad. You will also develop the skills to build and monetize your own mobile video game giving you a solid foundation to skyrocket your career in software development.
Corrine Yu is a renowned game programmer. Corrine has used her programming skills to build a variety of game engines including King’s Quest for Apple II, Zombie and Spec Ops. Over the course of her career, she has worked for a number of leading tech companies including Apple, NASA, Sony, and Amazon. She is currently the VP of engineering at General Electric.
- Passionate about gaming, writing clean code, continuous learning and want to become a game developer.
- Have a firm understanding of the basics of coding and can code those basics.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Loves continuous learning.
Nice to have
- A degree in the relevant field of software development will be advantageous. The candidate can also have only a matric have done a few courses in Software Development but should have a firm understanding of the basics.
- Shows an entrepreneurial personality and spirit
- Display side projects, up-to-date code examples, or open-source modules