Tough. Resilient. Firm. These are the words that come to mind when you hear the word “Imara”, a Swahili word associated with strength and durability.
Upon successful completion of the Sound Engineering course, you will be able to:
- Analyze sound and lighting equipment requirements for live sound events, prep and connect all required equipment and use the equipment successfully in running the event from a technical perspective
- Intelligently speak the language of music when interacting with musicians in live sound and recording environments
- Demonstrate proficiency in Digital Audio Workstation applications, including editing and signal processing
- Demonstrate safe working practices in lighting and various sound production environments.
- Use entrepreneurial and personal finance skills to help establish recording studios, live sound companies and run these operations successfully