A team of graphic design and animation students collaborated on the #KenyaYetu Design Project. Through various multimedia elements, the project sought to promote peace and influence positive change among the youth.
Graphic Design is a fast-growing field with a combined global revenue of over US $57 billion. IbisWorld (2016).
Companies and organization require artist to effectively visually portray their brand essence, values and identity through their logos, packaging, advertising and several other mediums. Therefore, your role as a graphic designer is critical in depicting your client’s core message to their audience.
As a graphic designer you will produce designs that get your clients’ messages across with high visual impact. You work on variety of products, including websites, packaging, books and magazines, corporate identity advertising, exhibitions and displays, and computer games.
Most graphic design work is now done on computer using specialized industry-standard graphics and multimedia software packages.
As a graphic designer you will spend your day:
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics and visual or audio images for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Present the design to clients or the art director
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
As a graduates from this program you will dive into well-paying jobs such as:
- Graphic design
- Web development
- Art directing
- Marketing specialists
- Software application development
- Marketing management
- Creative directing