Certificate in Multimedia
The multimedia industry will generate global revenues of over US$ 2.2 trillion in 2021.
A Certificate in Multimedia provides a good foundation for you wishing to get into content creation or enhance their professional expertise in today’s high-tech communication environment.
Working professionals are equipped with a flexible skill set and solid knowledge on how to work with digital and online media platforms. Students will have a broad understanding of multimedia concepts and design principles while focusing on today’s most dynamic interactive media.
COURSE DURATION:The course will course will run for 1 semester (4months)
CREDITS: 24 contact hours per unit and an average of 6 units per semester
CLASS HOURS: 8.30am – 10.30am; 11.00am – 1.00pm; 2.00pm – 4.00pm, & 4.30-6.30pm
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Web Design for non-designers
- Camera Operations
- Video Editing
- Online Journalism/ Feature Writing/ Blogging
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- Shoot video and audio with college-supplied camcorders and audio recorders
- Write and optimize articles, stories or blogs for the web
- Edit content and create multimedia projects for websites, social media and youtube using Adobe Creative Cloud
Earn Credentials Recognized By Employers Worldwide
Multimedia students gain a competitive edge over their peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
- Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
- Video Communications using Adobe Premiere®Pro
- Print & Digital Media Publication using Adobe InDesign®
ADMI instructors prepare students to successfully pass these exams through a curriculum that leverages Adobe Education learning resources and real-world applications.
To learn more about the certification exam visit:
We have invested in top of the range facilities including:
- Broadcast cameras
- Mobile studio
- Various types of microphones
- A virtual set
- Photography cameras
- Three computer labs with Macs and PC’s.
- Industry standard software
We have very close ties with other facility providers that we can extend our practicals to.
With a multimedia certificate, you are guaranteed to be more marketable as you are more rounded and multi skilled. SME companies will love you and you can easily set up your own content firm to service various clients.
With the developments in social media, it’s important for every company to constantly communicate and update their customers. You will be the person every marketer looks to for content.
All digital marketers will be looking for your kind of skill so rest assured it is a good investment.
You can work as a:
- Video editor
- Corporate video maker
- Website copywriter
Martha Stewart is an American businesswoman, writer, and television personality. As founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia she has gained success through a variety of business ventures, encompassing publishing, broadcasting, merchandising, and e-commerce. She has written numerous bestselling books, is the publisher of the Martha Stewart Living magazine, and hosted two long-runningsyndicated television shows,Martha and Martha Stewart Living. She is currently hosting a TV cooking show with Snoop Dogg.
Brian Mbunde is a social media extraordinaire who began his career as an intern at Gina Din PR. He runs major brands in Kenya, where he is the social media manager responsible for, posting content, moderating content and creating strategies. He was the winner of the SOMA Awards Twitter Personality of the year in 2015.
KCSE D or above OR A-levels with 2 principal passes.
Basic computer proficiency is required. Attach certificates to your application.
Each course has its own specific requirements. Please enquire from the administration what requirements apply to the course of your choice.
In order to study at ADMI, students are required to ensure they have the correct legal documentation. For international students, this includes obtaining the relevant student visa. Below are the guidelines to the international student visa application process.
Guide to Applying for an International Student Pass
ADMI is proud to attract students from around the world. This guide is designed to help international students understand how to apply for an international student visa in Kenya. While we do not process or pay for international student visas, we hope the following information makes the student pass application process as smooth as possible.
Please note: ADMI is legally required to inform the Directorate of Immigration and Registration of Persons Office when a student discontinues his/her studies at ADMI, regardless of the reason. As a result, if a student is dropped from their programme due to poor academic performance, poor attendance or indiscipline, ADMI will immediately inform the Immigration Office.
Step 1: International students apply to ADMI
- International students can apply to one of ADMI’s programmes online: http://africadigitalmedia.org/application-form/.
- Prior to applying to ADMI, please familiarise yourself with our international fee policies: http://africadigitalmedia.org/fees/.
Step 2: ADMI sends supporting documents for visa application
- Successful applicants receive a letter of admission.
- They will also receive a letter of support or a cover letter, addressed to the Director of Immigration, indicating the name and duration of the course to be studied – both new and renewal applications.
- Both of these letters will support international students in applying for their international student visa.
Step 3: Apply online for an International Student Visa
- Register at https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/, then log in at https://fns.immigration.go.ke/ and complete the application form (titled Form 30).
- Please note: incomplete applications will not be processed.
Step 4: ADMI Head of Academics or Principal signs/stamps completed form
- Print and fill out all details on Form 30 (student pass application form) from the following website: http://www.immigration.go.ke/downloads/Form-30-Application%20for%20Student%20Pass.pdf.
- Your completed form should then be scanned and emailed to ADMI at email@example.com, to be signed and stamped by our Principal or Head of Academics.
Step 5: Prepare all documents and attachments
- Collate the form and all necessary supporting documents, including:
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- National passport copy of the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- Proof of funds for self-sponsored students – both new and renewal cases
- For minors, consent letter from the parent – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of parent’s national passport and copy of birth certificate of the minor should be attached as proof of relationship (for minors) – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of a valid national passport – both new and renewal cases (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student – both new and renewal cases (If already in the country)
- Two recent passport-size colour photos – both new and renewal cases
- Duly certified copies of basic academic certificates for those joining Tertiary Institutions and Universities – new cases only
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of the school’s/college registration certificate from the Ministry of Education – new cases only
- Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees – both new and renewal cases
- Certified copies of progress report/transcripts obtained (by the issuing institution) – renewal cases only
- Copy of student’s pass previously held – renewal cases only
Step 6: Submit application to immigration offices
- Submit the complete form to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Alien Section, Counter Number 9 (full address below).
- Please note: Immigration might take up to two months to process your student pass or international student visa. If more than two months lapse, please follow up with the immigration office.
Step 7: Processing
- Once your application has been received, you will receive a notification via email. The email will state whether your application was rejected or received. If it has been received, processing should start immediately. You will be told to wait again. This might take around three weeks.
Step 8: Payment
- Once your applications have been approved, you will receive another notification. You should now log in to your portal and make a payment via M-pesa (Pay-Bill number 206206) or bank cheque (payable to PS Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government).
Step 9: Provide proof of payment
- Print out the approval letter and attach receipt payment. Take it to:
The Director of Immigration Services
Department of Immigration Offices
Nyayo House 9th Floor,
Kenyatta Avenue/Uhuru Highway
P.O Box 30191,000100 Nairobi
Tel: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544, +254-20-2218833
- You will then be told to wait for the visa to be processed. This will take three weeks or so.
Step 10: Collection
- Once your Visa has been processed, you will receive a notification by email.
- Go back to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Department of Immigration offices Ground Floor Room 16 and collect your Visa. On the same day, you should register as an alien.
For more information, please visit https://fns.immigration.go.ke/infopack/passes/studentpass/.
Download Visa Requirements
Nzilani Simu is a designer and illustrator from Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in infographics, branding, hand lettering, illustration and is passionate about design for social impact.
Nzilani has over ten years of experience working as a freelancer and for creative agencies, including Scangroup and Ark Africa. Previous clients include Equity Group Foundation, iHub, Nendo, Heva Fund, Hivos, Morendat and Java House Africa. She has a BA in Sociology from the University of Western Ontario and BA in Graphic Design from Curtin University in Malaysia.
Geoffrey Otieno Is a Graphics, 3D Modelling and animation Instructor with over 17 years experience in the web and graphics industry. He has worked for NairoBits Trust organization and helped to set up Info centers in Zanzibar, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, Somaliland, Pakistan, and Tanzania. He is passionate about design-education, branding, and marketing.