In this competition, you can participate in two categories:
- The Judges’ Cut: This category will reveal the photos that emerge 1st and 2nd in the competition. All submissions for this category should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- People’s Choice: This category will be judged on Instagram based on the number of likes the image gets. All submissions should include the hashtags #ADMIPhotoContest #WhyNairobi
- Capture an original picture of the City of Nairobi between 10th April 2019 and 10th May 2019. Kindly ensure it is YOUR work. If not, you will be immediately disqualified.
- You can submit photos processed and edited by camera applications, editing applications, software, etc. You may submit colour or black and white photos.
- Submissions must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives or transparencies are acceptable. Each submitted photo should be between the image size of 3MB and 5MB.
- If an entry is selected for final judging, entrants must be prepared to provide the following: RAW files (eg. CR2, .NEF, .ORG, .PEF etc.), original untouched JPEGs, will be required for authentication. If a RAW file was not created, the entrant will be required to provide a minimum of 5 images taken consecutively before and after the submitted file.
- Watermarks and logos are unacceptable. The submission will be disqualified if it has any watermarks or logos.
6. The photographer will retain copyright of their work. For the awarded pictures, photographers grant Africa Digital Media Institute unlimited non-exclusive use in all social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, and all promotional and educational activities without any remuneration being due.
7. Competition is open to entrants above the age of 18 from all over Kenya.
8. The Competition, its T&Cs and the relationship between the Competition, the Organizer and the Entrant shall be governed by the law of the Republic of Kenya, regardless of the location of the Entrant while completing an entry, and regardless of the location of the Judges whilst deciding the winner of the Competition.
9. The application deadline is 11th May 2019. Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
10. Winners will be announced on 17th May 2019.