AFRICA DIGITAL MEDIA GROUP: VACANCIES
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studios and Foundation. The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution. The Studios produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide. The Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support the engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship, and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking global searches for the following posts:
CHIEF OF STAFF
The Chief of Staff, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), provides leadership across the Africa Digital Media Group and ensures that all activities align to enhance organizational capability, capacity and performance. On behalf of the CEO, you will work closely with other members of the Senior Management Committee (SMC) and Board of Directors, driving key elements in our operational performance to ensure relevant and timely progress is achieved.
As the Executive Lead for the delivery of our operational and strategic objectives, you will work closely with staff and senior leaders to motivate, support and offer a challenge on performance. You will also deputize the CEO across the board. You will be a full member of the SMC and sit as a member on the Board of Directors, with a vote when acting as the CEO’s proxy.
Scope of Work
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic plans and decisions by the Board of Directors and SMC, and participate as a member, to accomplish the Group’s strategic objectives and day-to-day outcomes
- Lead and provide senior direction to a substantial portfolio of programs and functions across the Group, setting performance expectations, and monitoring and evaluating performance outcomes towards the achievement of Group objectives and outcomes
- Deputize the Chief Executive during periods of absence, and in relation to specific matters, issues or elements of Group operation as delegated from time to time by the Chief Executive, ensuring a consistency of approach and decisions which align with the Group’s objectives
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to the Chief Executive and the Board on strategic and day-to-day operational imperatives including the implications of major policy decisions, Group resourcing and performance, and strategies for managing critical considerations and incidents
- Offer substantive analysis and guidance on specific projects and fill critical technical roles in the absence of line managers and other senior executives and/or supervise experts as needed
- Lead implementation of critical and imperative change and strategic initiatives, across the organization to achieve high levels of ownership and compliance
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and nurture effective strategic partnerships to strategically position the Group and achieve both short and long-term goals.
- Represent the Group, developing and sustaining positive proactive relationships with key community and/or industry stakeholders and cross-jurisdictional networks across the region and globally in order to identify trends, leverage knowledge and intelligence, and fully inform Group strategic decision processes
- Serve as a key ambassador and role model for a progressive, nurturing and high-performance organizational culture.
- Business Degree or related training; MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ in a senior managerial role with a reputed regional or global organization, with P&L responsibility and a strong record of achievement, ideally in a high growth context.
- Proven experience in building a division or company to profitability or quantifiable improvement in performance.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including a track record coaching a team of highly motivated staff to achieve results.
- Comfortable coordinating multiple concurrent projects in fast-paced, growth environment.
- Progressive outlook, cultural sensitivity and mature professional judgment allowing one to operate between a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Dynamic, energetic, assertive and inspires confidence.
- Strong strategic, decision making and analytical skills, including a talent for crystallizing key strategic options for discussion and decision.
HEAD OF SCHOOL & PRINCIPAL
The Head of School at the Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI) embodies the vision of the school and articulates the mission for all aspects of the school’s program. In keeping with the school’s mission, the Head of School fosters the traditions, relationships, and practices that determine the school’s climate and culture. S/he thus personifies the values that underlie the mission of the school: global, digital, practical, values-based and transformational.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of School is responsible for the overall management of the school through the implementation of its Academic Administration manual. Though much of the work is properly delegated, the Head of School as Cognizant Academic Officer has ultimate and overall responsibility for learning, academic administration, day-to-day instruction and student as well as the interface between the Academics department and the Operations and Marketing departments.
A passionate educator, the Head of School is also the primary interface with the Institute’s internal and external constituencies including students, parents, faculty, staff and alumni as well as regulatory and governmental agencies, regional and global educational organizations and accrediting agencies.
Scope of Work
- Oversee Academic Administration (Student Affairs, Quality Assurance, Faculty Affairs, Registrar)
- Recruit, mentor, motivate and manage an exceptional Academics staff
- Supervise the Faculty on a day-to-day basis for professionalism, productivity and ethical conduct
- Collaborate with Human Resources to oversee faculty performance and professional development
- Interface with the Operations department to ensure appropriate timely and continuous improvement of amenities, facilities and processes to global best practice.
- Oversee and track all aspects of learning and assessment.
- Interface with curriculum development panels for quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Monitor course resourcing, including timetabling as well as space and equipment allocation
- Lead all aspects of learning including delivery, assessments and academic progress
- Provide real-time feedback to other functions on student and faculty needs.
- Collaborate with Operations department to ensure high standards of administration from admission through graduation and placement
- Administer the school’s discipline policies and codes of conduct
- Supervise the school’s support systems, such as counseling, academic support, safeguarding, wellness, extracurricular programs, and alumni networking, etc.
- Organize and monitor integrity, security, accuracy of academic and other records
- Monitor and preserve results data for all aspects of teaching, assessment and placement
- Lead Quality Assurance function, including prompt implementation of audit recommendations
- Community Relations:
- Lead regulatory compliance and maintain cordial relations with all accreditors and regulators
- Nurture local and regional networks to remain abreast of sector policy and contribute to reform efforts
- Work closely with partnerships team to mobilize resources for scholarships and other school needs
- Represent the Institute at conferences, on media and other public-facing platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field; Masters preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ in a senior managerial position in a busy Higher Education Institutions (i.e. College or University)
- Proven experience in teaching, curriculum development, accreditation, teacher training and student outcome frameworks.
- Must have academic administration experience, interfacing with students, parents and regulators in private institution at tertiary level.
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of English language;
- Self-driven and goal oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; works well with students, teachers and parents.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including a track record coaching a team of highly motivated and well qualified staff to achieve results.
- Progressive outlook, cultural sensitivity and mature professional judgment allowing one to operate between diverse cultures and team members.
PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER (HEAD OF FOUNDATION)
Reporting to the CEO, the Partnerships Manager identifies, tracks, cultivates, nurtures and accounts for cash and in-kind investments and sponsorships from or through corporations, academic institutions, development partners, public agencies and individuals. You will also serve as the focal point for special thought leadership initiatives of the Africa Digital Media Group – the Institute, Foundation and Studios.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a creative and diligent self-starter to identify potential partners worldwide, coordinating engagement avenues for exchange, academic and investment partners alongside philanthropic, development, individual and corporate donors. You will also create pipeline-tracking databases, develop promotional content and supporting documentation (pitch decks, proposals, budgets, financial models, etc), create and employ tools to memorialize, monitor and deliver win-win joint projects, improve our reporting to partners and track impact and financial accountability metrics.
Scope of Work
- Refine and document the existing partnerships strategy, linking it to a specific workplan and KPIs.
- Establish structures, systems and processes for the mobilization, documentation, tracking, management of grants and donations (both cash and in-kind) as well as investment funds and non-tuition commercial income.
- Work with Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor to develop and deploy a robust results framework including an impact baseline and ongoing metrics and quality assurance for all Group entities.
- Ensure that donor initiatives are in full compliance with all external laws and internal policies.
- Continually scan the environment, initiate contact and advise seniors on potential partnership. Write high-quality proposals, budgets, contracts and reports to support and advance partnerships.
- Identify a pipeline monitoring application that tracks leads, interactions, metrics and reports.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with individual and institutional partners.
- Generate ideas and execute thought leadership initiatives (eg. proprietary webinars, e-newsletters, awards, podcast, expo, etc.).
- Look for relevant competitions, accelerators and awards and submit and track applications.
- Monitor and adapt to trends in education, government, donor and corporate sponsorship
- Participate in policy dialogues as well as speeches, conference panels and other public events
- Collaborate with Communications team to develop digital-driven outreach strategy and thereafter update and populate the ADMF and ADMS websites, program reports (including accounts), marketing collateral, Hubspot workflows, promotional videos and social media outreach
- Develop and implement periodic outreach campaigns (eg. crowd-funding campaigns around specific products, events or individuals)
- University degree in management, business administration, marketing or another relevant field.
- At least 8 years’ professional experience in leading business development or resource mobilization in a fast-paced organization with exposure to donor relations and monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Superior communication skills including an ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals within a broad range of cultural environments, Comfortable with media relations and serving as the face of the organization.
- Track record of achieving income targets, ideally in a business development function
- Experience in developing partnerships with corporations and public-sector organizations regionally as well as globally.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, including a talent for crystallizing key strategic options for discussion and decision.
- Progressive outlook, cultural sensitivity and mature professional judgment allowing one to operate between diverse cultures and team members.
- Confidence coordinating multiple concurrent projects in fast-paced, growing organization that require hands-on initiative.
SENIOR LEARNING & INNOVATION ADVISOR
Reporting to the Head of School, the Senior Learning & Innovation Advisor is a highly-skilled and passionate senior learning expert, who will work on a part-time but long-term basis on a series of discrete projects to deliver our brand promise of a ‘global, practical, digital, value-driven and transformational’ learning experience.
This position will focus on wowing our community with the design, development and delivery of a world-class learn-and-work platform. S/he will research, deploy, evaluate and continuously improve on cutting-edge learning theories, principles and methods to ensure exceptional learning, apprenticeship and placement outcomes for our students and alumni. S/he will also develop a training and coaching platform to help develop an exemplary faculty, supplemented by a team of expert consultants and counsellors, to deliver impactful interventions for our students both inside and outside the classroom. Finally, s/he will lead the internationalization of our offering and credentials, including the integration of international and regional degrees and a diverse range of on-site and remote faculty and student exchanges.
Scope of Work
- Interrogate and refine the core learning and placement model.
- Be the key technical resource to the Management and Board on pedagogy and learning innovation
- Support board meetings, budgeting and strategic planning processes as needed
- Lead articulation, accreditation and harmonization with academic regulators and university partners
- Improve teaching, learning, and transitions drawing upon global best practice on competency-based education-to-employment models.
- Coordinate production and continuous improvement of curricula, including onboarding to the flipped classroom and learning management systems.
- Monitor pedagogical integration for all new offerings including incubators and short courses
- Professional Development for Faculty
- Develop rigorous criteria for recruitment, upskilling and oversight of faculty
- Design and deliver an intensive induction and professional development program for faculty.
- Develop templates and processes for faculty performance evaluation, advancement and support.
- Continuously identify and advance opportunities for exposure and exchange for faculty
- Digital Classroom
- Understand and articulate key elements of best global practice in digital education.
- Select, test and integrate online and other digital templates and tools.
- Lead digitization of curriculum into teaching and student materials.
- Support integration of ERP alongside e-learning platforms and e-libraries
- Oversee, evaluate and continuously improve student job readiness and placement platforms.
- Build out the apprenticeship and incubator platforms based on successful models elsewhere
- Quality Assurance, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Advise and equip the Quality Assurance function with tools and templates as needed
- Develop results parameters for all aspects of learning, assessment, placement as well as engagement and professional development.
- Lead Quality Assurance Audits and oversee prompt implementation of recommendations
- Degree in Education and Development or related field. Masters is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience leading curriculum development, learning and instructional design, accreditation, articulation, quality assurance, teacher training and student outcome frameworks.
- Strong communication, mentoring and team building skills, all applicable in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to generate creative, new ideas and innovative methods and to demonstrate ability to translate these into practical work and stimulate motivation for implementation.
- Analytical capacity and strategic thinking abilities. Understanding of systematic learning from innovative results and experience.
- Experience in working with a variety of stakeholders and partner organizations, and sensitivity to cultural differences. Blend of Kenyan and international experience preferred.
DIGITAL MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Are you a self-starter who works well independently, but also thrives in a team environment where everyone is working together to reach and exceed their goals, overcome obstacles, and celebrate successes? Do you thrive in an environment and field where constant change and new tools and technologies are the ‘new normal’?
The Digital Marketing Associate in the Marketing Department coordinates various inputs from different sources to create compelling content, from collateral and social media posts to reports and pitch decks, using cutting-edge tools and technologies. S/he then monitors the performance of the content to generate insights and makes adjustments to address customer needs. The role straddles the Africa Digital Media Group (Institute, Foundation and Studios).
Scope of Work
- Create, write, edit and format original online content (i.e. articles, slideshows, and infographics)
- Post online pursuant to the content development plan, including getting prior Senior approval
- Disseminate multiple comprehensive & well-researched pieces of content daily for our audiences
- Generate and implement recommendations for the content calendar based on keyword and competitor analysis
- Secure, back up and monitor all digital content and enforce standard operating procedures
- Post required content daily on the CRM system for social media and other online outreach
- Respond to all enquiries, including those requiring urgent reputational management responses
- Edit content from other writers based on SEO and grammatical best practices.
- Analyze website metrics to inform content strategy & track progress toward department and personal performance goals
- Enter & format content for web publication using our in-house content management systems (CMS) and WordPress
- Conduct research on industry trends and news, and report findings to team weekly to help dictate content marketing strategies for all websites
- Participate in the planning and implementation of new sites
- Provide day-to-day, front-end maintenance and updating of, content on all Group websites and online portals, as well as frequent monitoring of our online footprint
- Uphold standards for consistent, clear, and high-quality site content.
- Monitor site security and performance and troubleshoot or escalate any problems with site content or performance in a timely manner, either directly, or working with the website designer
- Respond promptly to complaints, attacks and emergencies and implement reputation management protocols
- Stay abreast of best practices and innovations in content creation and maintenance, including usability/user experience
- Represent the Company at industry events, in Kenya and globally
- Participate in strategic planning, work plans and budgets for the team and department
- Provide administrative, accounting and logistical support to seniors as needed
- Oversee and train subordinate staff including student and staff recruiters, interns and volunteers
- Support other departments with administrative and data entry tasks during ‘crunch times’
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a marketing-related field
- 3+ year’s relevant experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment
- Excellent Business English (written and spoken) and strong numeracy
- Attention to detail and ability to plan well ahead and avoid crises
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations
- Solid experience in multi-media content creation and online marketing
- Fast learner with a hands-on bias for action and an ability to multi-task
- Persuasion and relationship-building skills
If you are a motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to varying challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work, kindly send your application to email@example.com before the 18th February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.