AFRICA DIGITAL MEDIA GROUP: VACANCIES
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Africa Digital Media Group comprises the Institute, Studios and Foundation. The Institute (ADMI) is Eastern Africa’s premier creative arts, media and technology training institution. The Studios produce compelling African stories and games to engage audiences worldwide. The Foundation mobilizes capital, talent and other resources to support the engagement of Africa’s digital generation in the fast-growing, global creative economy.
ADMI and its affiliates form an innovative social enterprise through which the next generation of digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs get the training, mentorship, and platform they need to turn their passion into a profession.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking global searches for the following posts:
DIGITAL MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Are you a self-starter who works well independently, but also thrives in a team environment where everyone is working together to reach and exceed their goals, overcome obstacles, and celebrate successes? Do you thrive in an environment and field where constant change and new tools and technologies are the ‘new normal’?
The Digital Marketing Associate in the Marketing Department coordinates various inputs from different sources to create compelling content, from collateral and social media posts to reports and pitch decks, using cutting-edge tools and technologies. S/he then monitors the performance of the content to generate insights and makes adjustments to address customer needs. The role straddles the Africa Digital Media Group (Institute, Foundation and Studios).
Scope of Work
- Create, write, edit and format original online content (i.e. articles, slideshows, and infographics)
- Post online pursuant to the content development plan, including getting prior Senior approval
- Disseminate multiple comprehensive & well-researched pieces of content daily for our audiences
- Generate and implement recommendations for the content calendar based on keyword and competitor analysis
- Secure, back up and monitor all digital content and enforce standard operating procedures
- Post required content daily on the CRM system for social media and other online outreach
- Respond to all enquiries, including those requiring urgent reputational management responses
- Edit content from other writers based on SEO and grammatical best practices.
- Analyze website metrics to inform content strategy & track progress toward department and personal performance goals
- Enter & format content for web publication using our in-house content management systems (CMS) and WordPress
- Conduct research on industry trends and news, and report findings to team weekly to help dictate content marketing strategies for all websites
- Participate in the planning and implementation of new sites
- Provide day-to-day, front-end maintenance and updating of, content on all Group websites and online portals, as well as frequent monitoring of our online footprint
- Uphold standards for consistent, clear, and high-quality site content.
- Monitor site security and performance and troubleshoot or escalate any problems with site content or performance in a timely manner, either directly, or working with the website designer
- Respond promptly to complaints, attacks and emergencies and implement reputation management protocols
- Stay abreast of best practices and innovations in content creation and maintenance, including usability/user experience
- Represent the Company at industry events, in Kenya and globally
- Participate in strategic planning, work plans and budgets for the team and department
- Provide administrative, accounting and logistical support to seniors as needed
- Oversee and train subordinate staff including student and staff recruiters, interns and volunteers
- Support other departments with administrative and data entry tasks during ‘crunch times’
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a marketing-related field
- 3+ year’s relevant experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment
- Excellent Business English (written and spoken) and strong numeracy
- Attention to detail and ability to plan well ahead and avoid crises
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations
- Solid experience in multi-media content creation and online marketing
- Fast learner with a hands-on bias for action and an ability to multi-task
- Persuasion and relationship-building skills
If you are a motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to varying challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work, kindly send your application to email@example.com before the 18th February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.