In order to study at ADMI, students are required to ensure they have the correct legal documentation, inclusive of visa requirements. For international students, this includes obtaining the relevant student visa. Below are the guidelines to the international student visa application process.
Guide to Applying for an International Student Pass
ADMI is proud to attract students from around the world. This guide is designed to help international students understand how to apply for an international student visa in Kenya. While we do not process or pay for international student visas, we hope the following information makes the student pass application process as smooth as possible.
Please note: ADMI is legally required to inform the Directorate of Immigration and Registration of Persons Office when a student discontinues his/her studies at ADMI, regardless of the reason. As a result, if a student is dropped from their programme due to poor academic performance, poor attendance or indiscipline, ADMI will immediately inform the Immigration Office.
- Successful applicants receive a letter of admission.
- They will also receive a letter of support or a cover letter, addressed to the Director of Immigration, indicating the name and duration of the course to be studied – both new and renewal applications.
- Both of these letters will support international students in applying for their international student visa.
- Print and fill out all details on Form 30 (student pass application form) from the following website: https://www.immigration.go.ke/downloads/Form-30-Application%20for%20Student%20Pass.pdf.
- Your completed form should then be scanned and emailed to ADMI at firstname.lastname@example.org, to be signed and stamped by our Principal or Head of Academics.
Collate the form and all necessary supporting documents, including:
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- National passport copy of the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- Proof of funds for self-sponsored students – both new and renewal cases
- For minors, consent letter from the parent – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of parent’s national passport and copy of birth certificate of the minor should be attached as proof of relationship (for minors) – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of a valid national passport – both new and renewal cases (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student – both new and renewal cases (If already in the country)
- Two recent passport-size colour photos – both new and renewal cases
- Duly certified copies of basic academic certificates for those joining Tertiary Institutions and Universities – new cases only
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of the school’s/college registration certificate from the Ministry of Education – new cases only
- Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees – both new and renewal cases
- Certified copies of progress report/transcripts obtained (by the issuing institution) – renewal cases only
- Copy of student’s pass previously held – renewal cases only
- Submit the complete form to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Alien Section, Counter Number 9 (full address below).
- Please note: Immigration might take up to two months to process your student pass or international student visa. If more than two months lapse, please follow up with the immigration office.
Once your application has been received, you will receive a notification via email. The email will state whether your application was rejected or received. If it has been received, processing should start immediately. You will be told to wait again. This might take around three weeks.
Once your applications have been approved, you will receive another notification. You should now log in to your portal and make a payment via M-pesa (Pay-Bill number 206206) or bank cheque (payable to PS Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government).
Print out the approval letter and attach receipt payment. Take it to:
The Director of Immigration Services
Department of Immigration Offices
Nyayo House 9th Floor,
Kenyatta Avenue/Uhuru Highway
P.O Box 30191,000100 Nairobi
Tel: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544, +254-20-2218833
You will then be told to wait for the visa to be processed. This will take three weeks or so.
- Once your Visa has been processed, you will receive a notification by email.
- Go back to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Department of Immigration offices Ground Floor Room 16 and collect your Visa. On the same day, you should register as an alien.