Are you an energetic top-of-the-class sales manager who thrives in challenging and dynamic environments? Do you want to join the exciting world in the growing sector of Virtual Reality and Augmented Realities? Ready to combine your business career with enduring social impact?
At Vytal, we are on the cusp of a transformative period of growth and impact as we establish a new hub in East Africa. Join us on our exciting journey, where your contribution will help shape the future of creative technology while creating thousands of jobs in Africa.
The Head of Business Development is responsible for exposing our various constituencies to the incredible potential of extended realities and how its applications can educate, engage and delight their clients. As the Africa lead, you will develop innovative opportunities and work closely with the delivery and field teams to close the new business. You will also collaborate with the Corporate office to design and execute exciting partnership and outreach opportunities for advocacy and thought leadership. From day one, the HBD will have an immediate impact on our profitability and impact, mobilizing communities across Africa to embrace their role in positioning Africa as a global leader for cutting edge technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to business planning, including market analysis, territory segmentation and use case development
- Create territory account plans including opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets
- Identify and respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs
- Continually develop and test use cases and pitches for delivery to prospective clients
- Canvas, initiate, qualify sales leads and follow through to ensure a solid sales funnel
- Drive KPIs to achieve the annual target and develop countermeasures if behind target
- Build and nurture strong business relationships, earning a reputation for consistency, integrity and delivery
- Establish and maintain Sales Operations Standard Operating Procedures, funnel management and CRM tools
- Ensure hygiene and compliance for all opportunities (ethics, pricing, process, etc.)
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in the marketplace
- Track and communicate market trends to and from the field including policy and other relevant data
- Represent the company at tradeshows, conferences, and other professional activities
- Remain engaged in professional, policy and other communities to remain current on macro- and sector trends
- Be available for overnight travel up to 30% of time; or as required.
- A minimum of 10+ years experience in enterprise sales, with a preference for new technology sales in Africa
- Documented experience in solution selling both direct and through distribution or system integrators
- Demonstrated success in driving aggressive revenue growth with new products
- Strong sense of understanding of the value proposition to end-users
- Business acumen engaging different levels of decision-makers from senior management to technical support
- Effective communicator and influencer with outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously effectively
- Resourceful self-starter with a passion for impact.
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th January 2022