Certificate in Digital Marketing
The projected increase in digital marketing spending will increase from 57.29 billion US dollars in 2014 to 103.37 billion US. dollars in 2019.
ADMI’s Digital Marketing course is ideal for anyone involved in the planning, implementation or measurement of digital strategies. Through dynamic lectures, case studies and group discussions, you will gain exposure to the latest methods, techniques, and tools to improve your organizations’ digital marketing and brand-building efforts. This course covers social media, content writing, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM), data analysis, design, ad words and much more.
Choose From 3 Certificate Courses
Professionals seeking to develop advanced digital marketing skills can choose from the following 3 certificate programs:
Digital Marketing Fundamentals
Social Media Marketing
Leading a Digital Marketing Team
COURSE SCHEDULE: 1 Semester.
CREDITS: Average of 2 units per term with 24 contact hours each.
Our labs are fully equipped with three computer labs with Macs and PCs.
In order to ensure that our students have access to the best software in the world, ADMI has invested in the following industry standard software:
- Google Adwords
- Facebook Business manager
As the world is getting more and more digitized in every respect, Digital Marketing is a booming career option today. In this high-growth industry, you may be employed by a marketing agency or consultancy, or you can work directly for an organization’s in-house marketing department.
As a digital marketer, you’ll spend your day:
- Creating and uploading copy and images for the organization’s website;
- Writing and dispatch email marketing campaigns;
- Providing accurate reports and analyzing to clients and company management to demonstrate effective return on investment (ROI);
- Researching new online media opportunities that may benefit the business including mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums;
- Conducting keyword research and web statistics reporting;
- Use web analytics software to monitor the performance of client websites and make recommendations for improvement;
Who will be your employers?
- Small and medium-sized companies
- Advertising firms
- Digital marketing firms
- Large corporates and non-profits
- Market Research Firms
- Internet and software development companies
Digital marketing is a vast field with a variety of areas and segments. Some of the career options include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Analyst
- Content Manager
Joe Pulizzi is the founder of Content Marketing Institute, a UBM company, he leading content marketing educational resource for enterprise brands, recognized as the fastest growing business media company by Inc. magazine in 2014 and 2015. It includes the largest in-person content marketing event in the world, Content Marketing World. Joe is the winner of the 2014 John Caldwell Lifetime Achievement Award from the Content Council.
Joe’s the author of five books, including his latest, Killing Marketing coming September 2017. His third book, Epic Content Marketing was named one of “Five Must Read Business Books of 2013” by Fortune Magazine.
Kennedy Carrington Otiebo
An alumnus of ADMI, Kennedy Carrington Otiebo is the Group Digital Marketing Manager of Cellulant. After graduating with an IT degree from Kabarak University, Kennedy started off in IT support, entrepreneurship and marketing before joining Livity Africa, a Google Africa project. In this role, helping roll out the Digify Africa program, he collaborated with Cellulant. The rest, as they say, is history.
Celluant is a pan-African mobile commerce company that connects financial institutions, Mobile Network Operators and businesses to their increasingly mobile consumers. In this newly created role, Kennedy designs go-to-market strategies for digital marketing in all the 12 countries that Cellulant serves. “This means I have to fluently describe not just our products, but also understand each of the markets we want to engage it. It is challenging but fulfilling work.”
KCSE D- or above OR A-levels with 2 principal passes.
Basic computer proficiency is required. Attach certificates to your application.
Each course has its own specific requirements. Please enquire from the administration what requirements apply to the course of your choice.
In order to study at ADMI, students are required to ensure they have the correct legal documentation. For international students, this includes obtaining the relevant student visa. Below are the guidelines to the international student visa application process.
Guide to Applying for an International Student Pass
ADMI is proud to attract students from around the world. This guide is designed to help international students understand how to apply for an international student visa in Kenya. While we do not process or pay for international student visas, we hope the following information makes the student pass application process as smooth as possible.
Please note: ADMI is legally required to inform the Directorate of Immigration and Registration of Persons Office when a student discontinues his/her studies at ADMI, regardless of the reason. As a result, if a student is dropped from their programme due to poor academic performance, poor attendance or indiscipline, ADMI will immediately inform the Immigration Office.
Step 1: International students apply to ADMI
- International students can apply to one of ADMI’s programmes online: http://africadigitalmedia.org/application-form/.
- Prior to applying to ADMI, please familiarise yourself with our international fee policies: http://africadigitalmedia.org/fees/.
Step 2: ADMI sends supporting documents for visa application
- Successful applicants receive a letter of admission.
- They will also receive a letter of support or a cover letter, addressed to the Director of Immigration, indicating the name and duration of the course to be studied – both new and renewal applications.
- Both of these letters will support international students in applying for their international student visa.
Step 3: Apply online for an International Student Visa
- Register at https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/, then log in at https://fns.immigration.go.ke/ and complete the application form (titled Form 30).
- Please note: incomplete applications will not be processed.
Step 4: ADMI Head of Academics or Principal signs/stamps completed form
- Print and fill out all details on Form 30 (student pass application form) from the following website: http://www.immigration.go.ke/downloads/Form-30-Application%20for%20Student%20Pass.pdf.
- Your completed form should then be scanned and emailed to ADMI at email@example.com, to be signed and stamped by our Principal or Head of Academics.
Step 5: Prepare all documents and attachments
- Collate the form and all necessary supporting documents, including:
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- National passport copy of the sponsor – both new and renewal cases
- Proof of funds for self-sponsored students – both new and renewal cases
- For minors, consent letter from the parent – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of parent’s national passport and copy of birth certificate of the minor should be attached as proof of relationship (for minors) – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of a valid national passport – both new and renewal cases (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student – both new and renewal cases (If already in the country)
- Two recent passport-size colour photos – both new and renewal cases
- Duly certified copies of basic academic certificates for those joining Tertiary Institutions and Universities – new cases only
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution – both new and renewal cases
- Copy of the school’s/college registration certificate from the Ministry of Education – new cases only
- Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees – both new and renewal cases
- Certified copies of progress report/transcripts obtained (by the issuing institution) – renewal cases only
- Copy of student’s pass previously held – renewal cases only
Step 6: Submit application to immigration offices
- Submit the complete form to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Alien Section, Counter Number 9 (full address below).
- Please note: Immigration might take up to two months to process your student pass or international student visa. If more than two months lapse, please follow up with the immigration office.
Step 7: Processing
- Once your application has been received, you will receive a notification via email. The email will state whether your application was rejected or received. If it has been received, processing should start immediately. You will be told to wait again. This might take around three weeks.
Step 8: Payment
- Once your applications have been approved, you will receive another notification. You should now log in to your portal and make a payment via M-pesa (Pay-Bill number 206206) or bank cheque (payable to PS Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government).
Step 9: Provide proof of payment
- Print out the approval letter and attach receipt payment. Take it to:
The Director of Immigration Services
Department of Immigration Offices
Nyayo House 9th Floor,
Kenyatta Avenue/Uhuru Highway
P.O Box 30191,000100 Nairobi
Tel: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544, +254-20-2218833
- You will then be told to wait for the visa to be processed. This will take three weeks or so.
Step 10: Collection
- Once your Visa has been processed, you will receive a notification by email.
- Go back to immigration offices at Nyayo House, Department of Immigration offices Ground Floor Room 16 and collect your Visa. On the same day, you should register as an alien.
For more information, please visit https://fns.immigration.go.ke/infopack/passes/studentpass/.
Download Visa Requirements
Caroline Mbarire is a mentor, digital media prodigy, lecturer and Lead. She has attained a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce from Strathmore University with a double Major in Marketing and Business Administration specializations. She also has high-level professional certificates in Strategy and Insight Generation from Group-M Africa, an affiliate of WPP-Scangroup, Google Adwords Certification from iLab Africa and Facebook Blueprint.
As a Digital Media Lead at Publicis Worldwide/Publicis Groupe (Access Leo Burnett Kenya) and WPP-Scangroup she has worked with brands such as Facebook ,Unilever ,Coca-Cola Sub-, BBC Africa, WWF Zambia ,Gertrude’s Children Hospital, Duracell Kenya, MERCK (Seven Seas Kenya ), Airtel, Ecobank Kenya,among others. She is also a Facebook Blueprint Agency Ambassador.
Her work experience has contributed to bagging awards at Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK )for Lifebuoy Kenya year 2017 and Airtel Kenya year 2016. Also bagged awards at South Africa New Generation awards for Blueband Kenya year 2017. She has also participated in the first Start-up Women Kenya weekend edition and her team was the winners out of the shortlisted five teams with the start-up concept of building a revolutionary mobile application.
Caroline is very passionate about digital media, creating social impact and believes her purpose mantra is simply to create a positive difference and leave this world a better place.
Francis Kariuki is the founder and CEO of Digital for Africa Ltd. Francis studied Information Science at Jomo Kenyatta University and has completed advanced courses in digital media at The University of Manitoba. He has more than ten years’ experience in digital media and marketing, having worked for companies such as KCB, Rich Management and KAPAC. As a Consultant for KCB, he trained over 500 bankers on digital marketing in six different countries. He has also trained entrepreneurs for Centonomy and We Create Kenya. Francis recently published an article ‘Bridging the Monetization Gap for Content Creators and Publishers in Africa’ mapping ways in which African content producers can generate income for their work.