Diploma in Mobile App & Game Development
The Mobile App & Game Development industry is valued at over US$108.9 billion.
ADMI’s interdisciplinary Mobile App & Game Development Diploma course teaches students how to approach problems as a developer, designer, and entrepreneur.
Students will graduate with a portfolio of human-centred web, mobile apps, and games designed for the global market.
COURSE DURATION: 5 Terms
CREDITS: Average of 7 units per term with 24 contact hours each
- Fundamentals of Computer Science (Java)
- Engineering Toolkit (python, GitHub)
- Intro to Android Apps (Java)
- Intro to iOS (Swift)
- Advanced Web Development (React.js)
- Fundamentals of Game Design
- Game Development (Unity C#)
- Fundamentals of Mobile Game Development
- Design Thinking
- Fundamentals of Design
- History of Design
- Human-Centered Design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Character & Environmental Design
- 3D Modelling (Maya)
- Game Design
- Lean Startup
- Digital Marketing
- Growth Hacking
- Agile Project Management
*Programme units are subject to change based on the availability of local and international faculty.
By the end of the Mobile App & Game Development course, students will be able to approach problems from the perspective of a developer (hacker), designer (hipster), and entrepreneur (hustler). This unique perspective will enable them to design web and mobile solutions for the African market.
- Use computational thinking and apply algorithms to solve everyday tech problems
- Design and create normalized MySQL databases
- Design and develop well-designed web, mobile and game applications for an African market
- Learn to navigate multiple rounds of rigorous tech interviews for leading companies like Google and Facebook
- Solve problem using design thinking and develop products using human-centered design principles
- Learn graphics and animation fundamentals, including Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and 3D Modelling
- Identify UI/UX issues and develop codified solutions to improve design
- Use lean startup methodology, digital marketing, and growth hacking to launch and grow a tech startup.
Earn Credentials Recognized By Employers Worldwide
Mobile App & Game Development students gain a competitive edge over their peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
• Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
• Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
• Rich Media Communications using Adobe Animate®
• Video Communications using Adobe Premiere®Pro
ADMI instructors prepare students to successfully pass these exams through a curriculum that leverages Adobe Education learning resources, practice tests, and real-world applications.
To learn more about the certification exam visit:
Our campus is fully equipped with three computer labs with Macs and PCs.
In order to ensure that you have access to the best software in the world, ADMI has invested in the following industry standard software:
- Autodesk suite
A Diploma in Mobile App & Game Development prepares you for various roles and opportunities in the job market. There are numerous employment opportunities in different industries such as entertainment, health, fintech, education, logistics, legal, law enforcement that require the skills of a mobile app and game development practitioner.
As a software developer, you will be required to use computational thinking and apply algorithms to solve everyday tech problems. You will write and clean up the code using various frameworks.
As a designer, you will be required to solve problems using design thinking and develop products using human-centered design principles.
As an entrepreneur, you will use the lean startup methodology, digital marketing, and growth hacking to launch and grow a tech startup.
As the corporate Vice President at 343 industries, Bonnie Ross is responsible for defining the vision and leading the Halo franchise which has sold over 60 million copies worldwide. Halo is one of the most successful first person shooter video games worldwide and comprises of collections such as The Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 guardians. With over 20 years in game development Ross has helped grow the Halo franchise beyond gaming with bestselling books, merchandise and games. Ross has an educational background in physics and computer science.
Duncan Adera is an award-winning game designer and programmer. He was the lead developer behind Ma3racer, a mobile racing game that won Best Overall Mobile App and Best Entertainment App at the 2012 Pivot East Competition. From a humble background, Duncan is a graduate of Nairobits and has since worked as a game developer, UI/UX designer, and an HCD researcher for Wunderman, IBM Research Africa, and Dalberg Design for Impact Group (DIG).
KCSE C- or above OR A-levels with 2 principle passes.
Basic computer proficiency is required. Attach certificates to your application.
Each course has its own specific requirements. Please enquire from the administration what requirements apply to the course of your choice.
- Photocopy of your ID or Passport
- A copy of your KCSE Certificate or Results Slip
- 2 Passport Photos
- Bank Slip